Saturday 2 May 2009

The Rules

Because I am approaching the end of my University "Career", I need to save. I waste too much money and eat out a lot when I have a lot of food sitting in my freezer draw, so I have made a pact:

I am not going to buy any new food* until I have exhausted my current food supply.

This includes popping to the shops, raiding the vending machines, getting takeaway and eating out. The only exceptions are proper, organised events such as a birthday meal out or being invited to someone else's home for eats. I am not allowed to organise such events.

I am allowed to accept food donations and slices of pizza etc, but not to ask or buy them for myself. Essentially I am not allowed to spend money on food.

* The only food I am allowed to buy is bread, cheese and milk. Milk is communal in my flat and I will need to make sandwiches, probably. There is no way I am willing to go a month without bread or cheese. So I am allowing myself these typical "Victorian Pauper Diet" ingredients. I am not allowed to survive merely off bread and cheese though. No toast for dinner.

Food swaps are allowed. I can barter and bargain (but not threaten, even if I am very hungry).

Ultimate Goals: Use up all existing food, possibly lose weight and Not Die of gross combinations of food or lack of protein.

This challenge will be interesting because I have a lot of muselli.

Let the Worst Diet Ever Challenge begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment